A good night rest awaits.. Ezzy’s Bedbug Treatment Method is here to help.
In our modern era of increased international travel and immigration, bed bugs have become an increasingly prevalent problem. As these persistent critters spread upon contact, you could pick them up from theatres, public transportation, hotel rooms and any other place with an existing infestation. The next time you return from a holiday, you could well have picked up a nasty souvenir.
Why use Us?
Our Treatment & Solution
The treatment programme consists of a 2-step process at each visit. In some cases, you may see live bedbugs after the treatment as they are agitated by the spray, and leave their hiding places. You may also experience new bites after the 1st treatment as the remaining bed bug eggs would have hatched. This is why there will be a total of 2 services to your premises which are 14-21 days apart from each other. The objective of the 2nd session is to eliminate nymphs from newly hatched eggs.
- Step 1: Spot Treatment: Aerosol Spray Application
The aerosol contains an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) coupled with an active ingredient to kill live bedbugs. This targeted aerosol spray will treat bedbug hotspots found during the inspection.
- Step 2: Ultra Low Volume (ULV) misting
The ULV mister emits very fine water-based insecticide particles (droplets), which can reach cracks and crevices. The treatment uses a 2-in-1 mixture of an adulticide and insect growth regulator (IGR). The mist is subsequently left to permeate the whole room for approximately 4 hours.
Since the insecticidal droplets are of a very small size, they are also very light and would hang in air for a minimum of two hours. This will ensure a more uniform and complete application, which will drive the pests out of their hiding places and subsequently kill them.
How does Bedbugs Bite look?
Before you call in the professional pest exterminators, or worst still, attempt a do-it-yourself approach, you need to identify the pest. Bed bugs are attracted by the warmth and carbon dioxide exuded by humans. They usually bite in a pattern of three sequential bites along the arms, legs, waist and shoulders. The effect of a bed bug bite varies, but commonly results in itchy swellings and red marks similar to mosquito bites. Bed bugs shelter in dark locations close to the host, such as mattress seams, near the bed, or furniture used for sleeping. They also spread to other rooms via cavities in the wall. A clear indication of their presence is their excrement, manifested as dark spots which streak when moistened. Initial infestation concentrates around beds, but quickly spreads to the whole room. Heavy infestations usually give off a sickly-sweet smell.
Before treatment Precautions:
Please cover ALL personal computers, photocopiers, computer servers and other expensive electrical appliances with a plastic sheet prior to the ULV treatment. We cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur as a result of our treatment.
Your bed linen e.g. pillow covers and bed sheets should be removed before our treatment and replaced with new ones after the treatment.
Please ensure that all ventilation or air-conditioning systems are switched off prior to the ULV application
Put ALL food items, raw materials, processed food items and utensils in protected compartments.
Please ensure all windows and doors are closed tight.
No one is allowed to be present during the application.
Please keep all valuable and personal belongings in a safe place as we will not be held liable for any missing items.
After Treatment Precautions:
The insecticide particles can hang in air for more than 2 hours. Your premises should be closed after ULV application for 3-4 hours. After this, open the doors and windows and leave it so for about 30-45 mins. During this ventilation process, please vacate the house. The place is then ready for use after this.
Clean ALL food preparation surfaces.
Thoroughly vacuum infested areas. After you are finished, place the disposal dust bag securely into a plastic bag and throw it away. Vacuum every couple of days until the infestation is gone.
- When possible, replace wooden headboards and bed frames with metal ones. Although bed bugs can still hide and nest in metal, they are less likely to than wood.
- Always carefully inspect antiques and any second-hand furniture before bringing them into your home, even if they are not upholstered.
- Always wash and dry on high heat any second-hand clothing or, when possible, toys or other items before bringing them into your home.
- When travelling, inspect the mattress and box spring you will be sleeping on. In addition to looking for the actual bed bugs, look for small brownish or reddish dots on the bed linens and mattresses. Therefore, most hotels use white sheets, if the hotels sheets are dark in colour, this could be a red flag.
- When travelling, do not put your luggage on the bed, this gives bed bugs a ride right into your home. Do not forget to inspect your luggage when you return from trips before you bring them back into your home.
- Vacuum at least once a week, pay special attention to areas around beds and furniture posts.
- Prevent bed bug harbourage (hiding places) by keeping all areas free of excessive storage and clutter.